- Nakahara, H., and K. Emoto., Deriving sensitivity kernels of coda-wave travel times to velocity changes based on the three-dimensional single isotropic scattering model, PAGEOPH, 174, 327-337, doi: 10.1007/s00024-016-1358-0, 2017.
- Nakahara, H., Seismic interferometry (2) Application (in Japanese), Zisin 2, 68, 125-133, 2015.
- Nakahara, H., Seismic interferometry (1) Historical development and principles (in Japanese), Zisin 2,68, 75-82, 2015.
- Nakahara, H, and M. Haney, Point spread functions for earthquake source imaging: An interpretation based on seismic interferometry, Geophys. J. Int., 202, 54-61, doi: 10.1093/gji/ggv109, 2015.
- Nakahara, H., Auto correlation analysis of coda waves from local earthquakes for detecting temporal changes in shallow subsurface structures: the 2011 Tohoku-Oki, Japan Earthquake, PAGEOPH, 172, 213-224, doi:10.1007/s00024-014-0849-0, 2015.
- Nakahara, H., Theoretical background for estimating attenuation structures with seismic interferometry (in Japanese with English
abstract), Zisin 2, 65, 243-249, 2013.
- Nakahara, H.,
Envelope inversion analysis for high-frequency seismic energy radiation from the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku earthquake (Mw 9.0), Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am, 103, 1348-1359, 2013.
- Nakahara, H., Formulation of the spatial auto-correlation (SPAC) method in dissipative media, Geophys. J. Int, 190, 1777-1783, 2012.
- Nakahara, H., H. Sato, T. Nishimura, and H. Fujiwara, Direct observation of rupture propagation during the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku, Japan, earthquake (Mw 9.0) using a small seismic array, Earth, Planets, and Space, 63, 589-594, 2011.
- Nakahara, H., and L. Margerin, Testing equipartition for S-wave coda using borehole records of local earthquakes, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.,101, 2243-2251, 2011.
- Nakahara, H., and K. Yoshimoto, Radiative transfer of elastic waves in two-dimensional isotropic scattering media: Semi-analytical approach for isotropic source radiation. Earth, Planets, and Space, 63, 459-468, 2011.
- Nakahara, H., and E. Carcole, Maximum-likelihood method for estimating coda Q and the Nakagami-m parameter, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 100, 3174-3182, 2010.
- Nakahara, H., Seismogram envelope inversion for high-frequency seismic energy radiation from moderate to large earthquakes, in "Earth heterogeneities and scattering effects on seismic waves " (Eds. H. Sato and M. C. Fehler) in Vol. 50 of "Advances in Geophysics (Series Ed. R. Dmowska), Academic Press, 401-426, 2008.
- Nakahara, H., A derivation of the relation between spatial
correlation and Green's function based on the slowness method: Isotropic incidence of random scalar waves (in Japanese with English abstract), Zisin 2, 59, 159-166, 2006.
- Nakahara, H., K. Sawazaki, N. Takagi, T. Nishimura, H. Sato and H. Fujiwara, Strong ground motions recorded by a near-source seismographic array during the 16 August 2005 Miyagi-Ken-Oki, JAPAN, earthquake (Mw 7.2), Earth Planets Space, 58, 1555-1559, 2006.
- Nakahara, H., T. Nishimura, H. Sato, M. Ohtake, S. Kinoshita, and H. Hamaguchi, Broad-band source process of the 1998 Iwate Prefecture, Japan, earthquake as revealed from inversion analyses of seismic waveforms and envelopes , Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 92, 1708-1720, 2002.
- Nakahara, H., T. Nishimura, H. Sato, and M. Ohtake, Seismogram envelope inversion for the spatial distribution of high-frequency energy radiation from the earthquake fault: Application to the 1994 far east off Sanriku earthquake, Japan, J. Geophys. Res., 103, 855-867, 1998.
- Takano, T., T. Nishimura, and H. Nakahara, Seismic velocity changes concentrated at the shallow structure as inferred from correlation analyses of ambient noise during volcano deformation at Izu-Oshima, Japan, J. Geophys.l Res.: Solid Earth, 122, 6721-6736, doi: 10.1186/s40623-017-0613-7, 2017.
- Hirose, T.., H. Nakahara, and T. Nishimura，Combined use of repeated active shots and ambient noise to detect temporal changes in seismic velocity: application to Sakurajima volcano, Japan,
Earth, Planets and Space, 69, 42, doi:10.1186/s40623-017-0613-7, 2017.
- Pacheco, K., T. Nishimura, and H. Nakahara, Seismic velocity changes of P and S waves associated with the 2011 Tohoku-Oki earthquake (Mw9.0) as inferred from analyses of repeating earthquakes, Geophys. J. Int., doi: 10.1093/gji/ggx043, 2017.
- Sawazaki, K., H. Nakahara, and K. Shiomi, Preliminary estimation of high-frequency (4-20 Hz) energy released from the 2016 Kumamoto, Japan, earthquake sequence, Earth, Planets and Space, 68, doi:10.1186/s40623-016-0557-3, 2016.
- Fukushima, R., H. Nakahara, and T. Nishimura, Estimating S-wave attenuation in sediments by deconvolution analysis of KiK-net borehole seismograms, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 106, 552-559, .doi:10.1785/0120150059, 2016.
- Haney, M. M. and H. Nakahara, Erratum to Surface‐Wave Green's Tensors in the Near Field, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am.,106, 816-818, doi:10.1785/0120150349, 2016.
- Hobiger, M., U. Wegler,K. Shiomi, and H. Nakahara, Coseismic and post-seismic velocity changes detected by Passive Image Interferometry: comparison of one great and five strong earthquakes in Japan, Geophys. J. Int., 205, 1053-1073, doi:10.1093/gji/ggw066, 2016.
- Takano, T., T. Nishimura, H. Nakahara, Y. Ohta, and S. Tanaka, Seismic velocity changes caused by the Earth tide: Ambient noise correlation analyses of small-array data, Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 6131-6136, doi:10.1002/2014gl060690, 2014.
- Hobiger, M., U. Wegler, K. Shiomi, and H. Nakahara, Single-station cross-correlation analysis of ambient seismic noise:
Application to stations in the surroundings of the 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku earthquake, Geophys. J. Int., 198, 90-109, doi: 10.1093/gji/ggu115, 2014 .
- Takagi, R., H. Nakahara, T. Kono, and T. Okada, Separating body and Rayleigh waves with cross terms of the cross-correlation tensor of ambient noise, J. Geophys. Res., 119, 2005-2018, doi:10.1002/2013JB010824, 2014.
- Haney, M. and H. Nakahara, Surface wave Green's tensors in the near-field, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 104, 1578-1586, doi: 10.1785/0120130113, 2014.
- Hobiger, M., U. Wegler, K. Shiomi, and H. Nakahara, Coseismic and postseismic elastic wave velocity variations caused by the 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku earthquake, Japan, J. Geophys. Res., 117, B09313, doi:10.1029/2012JB009402, 2012.
- Haney, M. M., T. D. Mikesell, K. van Wijk, and H. Nakahara, Extension of the spatial autocorrelation (SPAC) method to mixed-component correlations of surface waves, Geophys. J. Int., 191, 189-206, doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.2012.05597.x, 2012.
- Takagi, R., T. Okada, H. Nakahara, N. Umino, and A. Hasegawa, Coseismic velocity change in and around the focal region of the 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku earthquake,J. Geophys. Res.,117, B06315, doi:10.1029/2012JB009252, 2012.
- Wegler U. , H. Nakahara, C. Sens-Schoenfelder, M. Korn, and K. Shiomi,
Sudden drop of seismic velocity after the 2004 Mw6.6 mid-Niigata earthquake, Japan, observed with Passive Image Interferometry, J. Geophys. Res., 114,
B06305, doi:10.1029/2008JB005869, 2009.
- Sawazaki K., H. Sato, H. Nakahara, and T. Nishimura, Time-lapse changes of seismic velocity in the shallow ground caused by strong ground motion shock of the 2000 Western-Tottori Earthquake, Japan, as revealed from coda deconvolution analysis,
Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 99, 352-366, doi:10.1785/0120080058, 2009
- Sawazaki, K., H. Sato, H. Nakahara, T. Nishimura,
Temporal changes in site response caused by earthquake strong motion
as revealed from coda spectral ratio measurement, Geophys. Res. Lett., 33,
- Nishimura, T., S. Tanaka, T. Yamawaki, H. Yamamoto, T. Sano, M. Sato, H. Nakahara, N. Uchida, S. Hori and H. Sato,
Temporal changes in seismic velocity of the crust around Iwate volcano,
Japan, as inferred from analyses of repeated active seismic experiment data
from 1998 to 2003, Earth Planets Space,57,491-505, 2005.
- Petukhin, A.G., H. Nakahara, and A. A. Gusev, Inversion of the high-frequency source radiation of M6.8 Avachinsky Gulf, Kamchatka,
earthquake using empirical and theoretical envelope Green functions, Earth Planets Space, 56, 921-925, 2004.
- Uchida, N., T. Nishimura, K. Yoshimoto, H. Nakahara, H. Sato, M. Ohtake, S. Tanaka, and H. Hamaguchi,
Temporal change of seismic-wave velocity
associated with the 1998 Northern Iwate Prefecture,
Japan, earthquake (in Japanese with English abstract)
- Hoshiba, M., A. Rietbrock, F. Scherbaum,
H. Nakahara, and C. Haberland, Scattering attenuation
and intrinsic absorption using uniform and
depth dependent model- Application to full
seismogram envelope recorded in Northern
Chile, J. Seismology, 5, 157-179, 2001.
- Ohtake, M., and H. Nakahara, Seasonality of great earthquake occurrence
at the northwest margin of the Philippine
sea plate, PAGEOPH, 155, 689-700, 1999.
- Sato, H., H. Nakahara, T. Nishimura, and M. Ohtake, Seismogram
envelope inversion for the energy radiation
from an earthquake fault on the basis of
the radiative transfer theory, Proceedings
of the 4th SEGJ International Symposium,
- Sato, H., H. Nakahara, and M. Ohtake, Synthesis of scattered energy
density for non-spherical radiation from a point shear dislocation
source based on the radiative transfer theory,
Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 104, 1-13, 1997.
- Nishimura, T., H. Nakahara, H. Sato, and M. Ohtake, Source process
of the 1994 far east off Sanriku earthquake,
Japan, as inferred from a broad-band seismogram,
Tohoku Geophys. J., 34, 121-134, 1996.
- Publications without referee
- Nakahara, H., Monitoring of subsurface structure with seismic interferometry:The 2005 West off Fukuoka prefecture Earthquake (Mj7.0), Report of CCEP, 83, 654-656, 2010.
- Nakahara, H., High-frequency envelope inversion analysis
of the 2003 Miyagi-Ken-Oki earthquake (Mj
7.0)，Chikyu Monthly, 27, 39-43, 2005．
- Nakahara, H., T. Nishimura, H. Sato, M. Ohtake, S. Kinoshita,
S. Miura, S. Ueki, and H. Hamaguchi, Strong
ground motion record in the vicinity of the
1998 Iwate-Ken-Hokubu, Japan, earthquake,
Chikyu Monthly, 21, 322-326, 1999.
- Joint Observation
- Tanaka, S., et al., Seismic exploration at
Iwate volcano with active sources -The outline
of the exploration and the first arrival
time data-，Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst. Univ.
- Research group for deep structure of Nagamachi-Rifu
fault, Seismic reflection survey in Nagamachi-Rifu
fault, Sendai, northeastern Japan, Tohoku
Geophys. J., 36, 311-356, 2002.
- Hirata, N., et al., Urgent joint observation
of aftershocks of the 1995 Hyogo-ken Nanbu
earthquake, J. Phys. Earth, 44, 317-328,
- Tsutsui, T., et al, Seismic velocity structure
beneath Kirishima volcanoes with diffrential
analysis of explosion experiment，Kazan，41，227-241，1996．
- Kagiyama, T., et al., 1994 explosion experiment
in Kirishima volcanoes, Bull. Earthq. Res.
Inst. Univ. Tokyo, 70，33−60，1995．
Back to the previous page...